Fees & Returns
- All service orders are subject to a minimum $50 bench fee once it reaches a technician’s bench regardless of the state of repair or outcome of the diagnosis. This fee will be applied toward any service. (For example: If you decide after our assessment of the problem, that it will be too expensive to repair and you just want to purchase a new computer, we will apply the fee towards your new computer setup. Likewise, if you decide to do nothing, then the fee is $50).
- All part purchases are final and cannot be returned for refund.
- Customer is responsible for data backup before repair.
- East Valley IT Services is NOT responsible for data loss for any reason including:
- In the event of a computer failure while in service
- In the event the hard drive is formatted to repair the operating system software.
- East Valley IT Services reserves the right to erase the computer’s hard drive to ensure proper repair of the unit by eliminating software as a variable whenever East Valley IT Services deems it necessary.
- Software errors or corruption that causes poor performance or loss of functionality of the computer is NOT covered by ANY manufacturer’s warranty.
- East Valley IT Services does not support any applications or software except for Microsoft Windows or Mac Operating Systems.
- Customer is responsible for determining application compatibility with any operating system they’ve enlisted East Valley IT Services to install or upgrade to.
- Customer is responsible for ensuring password(s) on the system follow our guidelines for good passwords at http://www.lockdown.co.uk/?pg=password_guide.
- Customer is responsible for updating definitions to antivirus software and applying security patches to the operating system after the date of repair on the unit.
- East Valley IT Services is NOT responsible for viral infections of the unit or any security compromises to the unit, including compromises due to weak passwords after the date of repair.
- All equipment must be picked up within 30 days of completion of service or a $45 per month fee will be added to the cost of Service Repair Order.
- East Valley IT Services is NOT responsible for equipment left at our service facility for over 60 days from the time of the unit’s entry into service, regardless of the state of repair. After 60 days, we will consider the equipment abandon and will dispose of equipment.
- East Valley IT Services will give you a time frame of service, and notify you when service is complete. Voice mail and Text messaging will be considered notification if we can’t talk to you live or in person. We understand that you can’t always “talk”.
- East Valley IT Services is NOT responsible for notifying you, the customer, that 60 days has passed for the event your equipment being disposed of when said equipment has been here for over 60 days.